Thursday, May 21, 2009

ThunderCats vs. Switchbacks / Game 8

Tonight we were looking hot in the first inning. We were in the field first and we got the first 3 batters out. I (Kristina) was up to bat first and I made it on base. Doug hit after me and he also made it on base. Jana was up third and she hit a pop fly that was caught getting us our first out. Then our star hitter, Ryan, was up and he slammed Doug and me in to home. The rest is history. We lost 15 - 2. We had some good plays though. Justin made an incredible catch in right center that was hit by Goliath himself. Chris is getting better at pitcher every week. He made a great play at home tonight in our first inning. Ta made a ton of sweet plays at short stop. Nicole tried out catcher tonight and did a great job. Special thanks to Natalie Kipper who stepped up to the plate for Rachel who is out of town this week.

There was another game after ours and one of the teams was short a female player so they asked if any of our girls would be willing to play with them. I consented and stayed to play catcher for the Xtremes. We played against Oyster Barn (the team that beat us last week). We ended up winning 11-7. Though I turned out to contribute nothing to their game other than my presence, it felt nice to win. However, I would never relinquish my spot on my beloved ThunderCats team. We may lose, but to me you are all winners!

1 comment: