Thursday, May 28, 2009

ThunderCats vs. Jimmy's Cousin 5/28

 
I wanted to take some pictures tonight but I didn't try very hard to get good ones because my head was in the game. So, we were the home team and in the first inning I can't remember how many runs Jimmy's Cousin scored (I don't know the story behind their team name, but it's probably stupid) but it wasn't more than 3. When we got up to bat we didn't get any runs and we consistently got no runs until the last inning when we scored twice. We lost of course and the score ended up being 2 - 9, but we played 6 whole innings and we actually played pretty well in comparison to some other games.

Ta made some amazing plays at short stop as usual and then took over pitching for the last couple of innings. Chris was our pitcher for the first several innings and then handed the mound to Ta when his arm wore out.

Doug Kipper was running for a fly ball in left field and he ended up taking one on the face for the team. I wish I had thought to get a picture of it cause the gash was crazy deep. He is in need of some serious stitches. We hope that you recover quickly Doug!

Jessica Dollar subbed for Brindi tonight and Nicole's Mom, Laura, subbed for Rachel. Thanks for stepping up guys. Jessica, we look forward to seeing you with the team full time this Summer!

Andy Dollar was an awesome base coach for us tonight. I think we made a lot less errors because of your direction. Thanks Andy!

Next week we play the Xtremes, the team I subbed for last week, but this time the ThunderCats will prevail, HOOOOOO!

2 comments:

  1. Excellent post, but you forgot to talk about all the sweet plays the third baseman made. And about the two puny little pop-ups to right field that turned into homeruns. I promise to be over this by Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Teens. You didn't mention how you threw the ball all the way from 3rd to 1st and got the runner out. Totally sweet.
    I had fun at yesterdays game. I made it to 2nd base, which is rare. I'd really like to come home though and actually score a point for the Thundercats!!
    Nicole was a great catcher. She squats and everything! So impressive.
    Not to toot my own horn but I did have a sweet catch myself. That pop fly was back and HIGH! Thank goodness I got under it this time. I learned from my mistake in Left field 2 weeks ago.
    Fun, fun. Love it everytime.

    ReplyDelete