Monday, April 5, 2010

ThunderCats vs. Birds of Doom 3/30/10

Well folks, I’ve been reluctant to post this week because we had an unfortunate loss. The worst part of it is that we could’ve won this game. We were even ahead for awhile, but we ended up losing 5 to 9. This is a team that we have played in seasons past and beaten. Luckily we will have a shot at redeeming ourselves in game 9. I am confident that we can beat these Birds.

We kept the same positions that we had the first week. In general, I think we all played well, we just had a few minor blunders that weren’t any one person’s fault that cost us the game. Let’s focus on the highlights. Brindi had a great catch in Left Center. Jess made a great catch at 2nd and facilitated several great plays as usual. Jonny was a superstar at ss, where he made some amazing stops that caused plenty of cuts and scrapes. Ryan made one of the coolest foul ball catches ever where he slid for the ball and has the bloody elbows to prove it. Billy had some great hits. I know there were other awesome moments, but I can’t remember them all. If you are on the team and you want to contribute to these posts then please leave a comment or email me.

The dunce moment of the week was when I was running from first to second so fast that I overran it and then fell down like an idiot in effort to stop myself. The worst part of it was that I could have kept going to third if I had been paying attention. So now I have scabby knees to remind me of my idiocy. Oops.
Next week we play the Stumblin’ Drunks. Don’t let the team name fool you. This has the potential of being a close game, so it should be entertaining. Come out and support us!





No comments:

Post a Comment